Our client, a leading provider of scientific information, requires a new UK Country Account Manager for the Academic & Government markets.
The role of the Country Account Manager for academic UK institutions is to effectively defend the existing business through timely renewals and grow the business through upsell and cross sell opportunities within existing accounts and new customer acquisition. This will involve developing the strategic territory plan, nurturing customer relationships and aiding the overall customer account management strategy to achieve financial targets.
We are seeking a proven sales professional with a background in publishing selling to the academic and government space.
Skills & Experience:
- Established and proven sales and key account management experience – Minimum of 3 years’ experience required
- Advanced skills in negotiating, sales processes and closing deals
- Advanced presentation /public speaking skills
- Solid understanding of sales processes and negotiation skills
- Sound understanding of the library/academic information industry with experience of selling in the information industry
- Adept at pipeline management
- Exposure to sales activities through distributors/agents and consortia and channel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Can set priorities and be flexible in changing environment
- High level of professionalism and ability to lead by example
- Excellent writing, presentation and overall communication skills