Our client, a leading cloud platform provider that allows researchers to store, collaborate and publish their research, requires a new UK Regional Sales, Support, Training & Marketing Representative.
This hybrid position will be the first employee of a new UK based operation supporting users in England primarily and secondarily internationally.
Successful candidates will establish relationships with key influencers, decision makers and product users in higher education institutions in scientific research functions, scientific instruction, administration and IT.
We need an individual who enjoys working with customers in a variety of ways including, technical support, training, documentation, marketing and initiating and supporting sales efforts. This is a key role that will interface directly with their customers (laboratory professionals and lab science teaching professors) to resolve problems, answer questions and conduct application training.
In addition, there will be marketing responsibilities including lead generation, sales presentations, and communications.
This is a home-based position, operating in England around the London/Oxford area with frequent travel required.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and enterprise experience with scientific software to the academic & research markets.
- Experience training and supporting enterprise SaaS based solutions pre- and post- sales.
- Higher Education training/support/sales experience a plus.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of their products as well as the needs of science instruction at the university level & research data management in academic/government/corporate research labs.
- Able to operate in a team environment and engage high-level decision makers.
- Strong record of establishing relationships and maintaining operating metrics.
- High level of enthusiasm.
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to manage several projects simultaneously, function well in a fast-paced environment and coordinate effectively with other team members
- Scientific Lab course experience / Science / Engineering degree a plus.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience presenting products (in person and via online meetings).
- Willingness for frequent travel and the occasional trip to the USA office.