Our client, a leading Educational publisher, requires a new Sales Manager Higher Education for the UK & Ireland.
The Sales Manager can be home based and reports to the Head of Sales for UK & Europe. You will be responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies and effectively managing the UK sales team to maximise sales and meet the company billings goals across the HE & FE product portfolios.
- Achieve billings targets for the UK through effective line management of the 3 inside sales consultants and 6 field-based consultants, ensuring each consultant maximises their territory sales and billing goals though achievement of call rate targets and effective resource mapping to their institutions.
- Effectively recruit, lead, manage and develop a high performing sales team across the UK
- Contribute to the development of a coherent sales strategy for all territories in the region by supporting the Head of Sales for UK & Europe in preparing, maintaining and present sales forecasts, and devising strategic methods for expanding sales and implementing a customer care strategy for further growth
- Effectively implement sales and business strategy by handling specific new business or renewal proposals (Enterprise and Digital) and making commercially sound price quotation recommendations in consultation with the Head of Sales for UK & Europe
- Identify and contribute to the genesis of new business development opportunities by actively exploring commercial opportunities to develop partnerships with HE institutions and affiliated organisations at institutional, faculty and departmental level across the region, whilst monitoring competitor activity across the region, including wins, sales strategies and personnel
Skills & Experience:
- 5 years’ sales experience, ideally within the information or publishing industry
- An understanding and practical application of consultative selling
- Ability to negotiate large institutional deals
- Able to manage and develop outstanding sales personnel (recruiting, coaching, training, motivating and managing)
- Strong track record in collaboration with colleagues at all levels and across business units/geographically
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable ability and track record in communicating with and selling to senior decision makers within HE and FE institutions
- Must be a highly motivated and well organised individual
- Ability to demonstrate and champion digital assets
- Strong IT proficiency
- Educated to degree level