Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, an education publisher that produces ELT material for the Middle East, requires a new US Schools Editor based at their Dubai office.
You be responsible for all aspects of editorial production from manuscript to bound books for the US schools program. The editor will need to maintain the highest level of editorial standards, meet schedules, and organize the developmental process of all components, and to work very closely with the product development team in NYC and Dubai.
- Fully responsible for the editorial work on the US K-12 product development, both print and digital.
- Coordinates with in-house editors and writers to develop and improve content.
- Coordinates with third party freelancers and developers.
- Creates and maintains editorial development schedules, and manages all stages of process of the assigned components.
- Brings projects to completion within specified deadlines and budgets.
- Works with marketing and business development to provide product updates and support.
- Participates in marketing and business development support activities.
- Provides product input for the markets, product presentations, and other promotional materials.
- Responsible for development of program components for print and electronic delivery.
- Provides production quotations and proposals, and negotiates prices when outsourcing work.
- Responsible for editorial reviews in conjunction with designers, editors, and writers.
- Handles the final proofs.
Skills & Experience:
- Editorial experience in US K-12 sector book publishing.
- Familiar with US curriculum and state standards
- Excellent computer literacy. Office, Adobe, and InDesign skills.
- Native speaker of English language.
- Extremely detail-oriented eye.
- Innate desire to improve and better the program.
- Innovative and highly motivated.
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks while meeting editorial standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Dependability and consistency.
- Flexibility to travel in the region.