Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: London/Home, UK – 2 days in the office
Salary: Six-figure basic + bonus
We are searching for a highly experienced publishing executive with an excellent editorial and financial planning background for possibly the best Vice President of Journals role in the market.
You will be responsible for the editorial and publishing management and development of some of the most successful and highly regarded journals in the world. This role is critical for maintaining the values and integrity of the portfolio; delivering a best-in-class author experience; and driving the transition to an Open Access and Open Science future.
- Lead and inspire the editorial teams to continue to deliver excellence in their journals.
- Own the commercial development of the journals and the journals business strategy.
- Maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of editorial workflows and processes, while delivering a 'best in class' author service.
- Create a positive and energetic team environment in which your team feel engaged and understand what is expected and the value of their contribution to the business.
- Contribute actively to the Journals leadership team to develop, agree and communicate a strategic narrative that we will use to guide and inspire the entire group.
- Build productive working relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure that the needs of the journals you represent are prioritised and met.
Skills & Experience:
- A thorough understanding of the research publishing landscape and how journals and journal publishers serve the research community
- Hands-on editorial and publishing experience at a senior level
- Enthusiasm and passion for excellence in science
- Credibility and respect from editorial teams
- Proven ability in analytics and interpreting data
- Experience of managing budgets
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to inspire and motivate teams, and to take people on the journey with you
- An ability to think strategically and develop tactical plans