Our client, a leading provider or solutions to the publishing sector requires an Operations Manager based in Germany.
The candidate will manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of freelancers, productivity, and quality. Serve as a company representative to local customers. Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Help set up and maintain facilities in eastern Europe
- Manage and support freelancer / employees
- Work with solutions team in new process development, implementation and management
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Meet or exceed operations labor budget expectations
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labor to revenues
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors
- Track vendor pricing, rebates and service levels
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to quality, customer service
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Work closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree Educated
- 7-10 years of experience in the publishing or related fields.
- Strong systems and operations background
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with both internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels and as part of a team.
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- High level of computer literacy (including MS Office, Outlook, internet browsers and CRM), proven experience with social media is preferred.
- Focused on objectives and results.