Our client, a leading international publisher, requires a new Product Manager, Research, who will drive the future development of digital research information services for the business.
You will explore concepts for new products, and drive the development roadmap for existing offering to the research and academic market. You will develop strong external relationships with customers, end-users and other stakeholders to design new and better ways to support the research community. Where appropriate, you will identify and seek funding to support open science initiatives.
- Strategy and vision for research information services. Drive strategy based on trends in the research sector; defines a future roadmap to position the client at the forefront of research and evidence within the sector.
- Product development. Identifies and develops ideas for new products within research information services, including the expansion of existing products based on market trends and feedback. Develops business cases and plans for investment, and translates these into project plans and roadmaps.
- Monitors and owns the commercial Key Performance Indicators of research information business.
- End-user and customer requirements
- Works with colleagues to ensure the research proposition is compelling and competitive to secure revenues from the higher and further education sector, and associated government research funders and donors; supports the development of sales materials and presentations and commercial pitches; helps scan for prospective bids and tenders from funders/donors and prepares responses (as appropriate).
Skills & Experience:
- 5 years’ experience working within the research information sector, which may include scholarly publishing or a publishing technology company.
- Excellent knowledge of the scholarly research marketplace and the latest thinking in terms of discovering and collaborating on research.
- Experience of working with internal or external platform providers.
- Commercially focused with experience in delivering new products within a budget or to
- deliver specific outcomes that support ROI.
- Experience working in a project management/delivery environment (Prince2, Agile etc)
- Prior knowledge of the agricultural sector is not essential.