We have a great opportunity for an experienced Director of Sales to join a global publisher covering Australia and New Zealand.
You will manage a team of Regional Sales Managers to drive and achieve new sales and order renewal objectives. This role reports to the VP of Sales for the region and is a strategic stakeholder in the management team. The role ensures the promotion of a collaborative environment and effective partnership between Regional Sales Managers, Accounts Executives and stakeholders throughout the company.
- The role is responsible for the profitable achievement of sales objectives within Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands in the academic & government territories.
- Responsible for driving business growth and profitable achievement of sales objectives. Responsible for their sales team’s sales productivity and directs their effort in order to have the greatest overall impact on company results.
- As products are sold on a subscription basis the development and support of lasting relationships and achieving 99% retention of customers is expected by the Director and all of the team.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of running an efficient sales team including recruitment, on-boarding, training, supervision, coaching, motivating and disciplining the team.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or sales & marketing, operations management, communication, or other related field
- Demonstrable experience in leading the implementation of sales strategies that improve and consolidate business position
- 7+ years of experience in sales in comparable industries with 4 years in senior management
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities Proven sales growth achievements in previous roles
- Strong system and process re-engineering experience Leader with demonstrated decision-making and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and collaboration
- Results driven
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of technologies
- Ability to travel 50% of time when required