Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client a global scientific publisher, requires a new Editorial Development Manager, Greater China. You will be responsible for raising the profile of the business to support their commissioning and product development objectives in the region.
The role will build key strategic relationships with the scientific community in China to grow the company's market share of content from China, through one-to-one meetings with researchers, conducting publishing workshops, and supporting our social media and online presence as part of our regional growth strategy.
Additionally, the role will develop an understanding of researcher and academic priorities and institutional and governmental policies around scholarly communications in China, making connections with institutional and government agencies, and channelling this intelligence back into the business. This key customer and market insight will be critical in informing our future Chinese strategy. Collaboration with colleagues across international offices will also be key to the success of the role so that we make sure we engage effectively with key Chinese researchers and academics.
The role will require extensive travel in China, and occasionally internationally.
Skills & Experience:
- Higher degree (MSc or PhD) in engineering or physical sciences is essential.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of journal publishing and the STM industry.
- A strong understanding of the international research environment and knowledge of research and funding policies and mechanisms in China highly desirable
- Extensive experience of working with senior level positions in academic and government organisations
- Experience organising events and managing projects
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
You should also possess the following:
- Excellent customer focus
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Project management and continuous improvement
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional project teams and across the organisation
- Ability to network effectively and negotiate
- Highly driven to get the job done.