Our client, a leading SAAS business requires a new highly motivated and entrepreneurial individuals who enjoys the thrill of closing new business with a customer centric approach.
The Director, Business Development will be responsible for proactively identifying and targeting potential customers and winning business. Individuals with a creative approach to problem solving and strong analytical skills will thrive in this exciting new opportunity.
- Drive sales growth by expanding the portfolio of customers and products in the corporate markets.
- Use industry insights in order to identify new business opportunities and markets.
- Negotiate and close business with a customer centric focus.
- Build strong customer relationships through a high level of interaction including site visits/conferences/presentations/telephone/email.
- Demonstrate competence and knowledge of company products and platforms and maintain awareness of current global technology and information industry trends as well as competitive and market intelligence.
- Produce sales/business reports and maintain a healthy sales pipeline.
- Ability to work with numerous individuals on a daily basis to manage sales and marketing campaigns, address customer service issues, and identify custom solutions in order to achieve individual and group sales targets.
- Responsible for client satisfaction, and revenue with a focus on profitability improvements aligned with objectives.
- Experience utilizing CRM systems to track account activity and territory progress.
- Ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally.
Skills & Experience:
- A strong understanding and previous experience in the Scientific, Technical, and Medical (STM) publishing market.
- Should have a minimum of 15years’ experience in the publishing field either heading the business development division of a competitor or in senior positions in major publishing houses.
- Experience with solution-based, consultative selling to corporate libraries or research organizations.
- Self-motivated and willing to continuously improve client relationship management through pursuit of customer-service excellence.
- Ability to drive new sales and establish business relationships.
- Proven track record of successfully identifying prospects and navigating them through the sales cycle.
- Experience with complex contract negotiations and proposal development.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer-facing situations.
- Excellent presentation skills. Must possess experience presenting to groups of peers, management and clients.
- Self-directed and motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.