Morgan Healey Retained Assignment
IOP Publishing, one of the worlds most prestigious learned society publishers, requires a new Sales & Marketing Director, reporting directly to the Managing Director.
As Sales and Marketing Director you will set and deliver the global sales and library marketing strategy. As such, your primary responsibility is delivering the agreed revenues, profit, growth and market share, ensuring you are delivering the right mix in the right markets at the right margin.
The role provides leadership and direction to direct reports within the sales and marketing leadership team, ensuring it is effectively run to deliver the strategy, as well as providing leadership oversight to the wider sales and marketing organisation.
Success in this role will be achieved through effective interplay between functions, some of which may not be within the direct span of control of the jobholder such as Sales Operations which sits with the Finance Director and Author and Product Marketing which sits with the Publishing Director.
As one of the five executive members of the Board of Directors, the Sales and Marketing Director is integral to developing and driving the company's overall strategy and decision-making and is one of its key public faces.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level
- An active member of relevant industry associations
- Credible and known in the industry – This is very important, we need someone with extensive industry experience!
- A strong, proven track record of leading high-performing global teams to deliver academic or enterprise sales and marketing success
- Up to date understanding of the current STM market and landscape
- A deep understanding of the academic library market
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to seek out and close growth opportunities
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- First-class interpersonal, presentation and stakeholder engagement skills
- A skilled leader and coach
- Adaptability, with the ability to work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups
- The ability to think creatively, solve complex problems, make sound business decisions and direct and drive change initiatives