Our client, a global information provider, requires a new Scientific Data Analyst to support one of their main customers within Biopharmaceutical Scientific Intelligence.
We need someone with excellent knowledge of supporting innovative research and discovery environments and have a strong information science / data analytics background.
This can be a home based role, but will require you to be within 2 hours commutable distance from the the client and main customer in Boston Massachusetts.
- Conduct scientific literature searches & business information searches.
- Gather, analyse and interpret data sets from internal and external sources. Present findings and relevant stakeholders.
- Organise, prepare and deliver targeted results from multiple information sources in multiple formats.
- Work with internal clients to determine research requirements and represent scientific expertise at the inter-departmental level.
- Evaluate/recommend new information sources that might enhance the business strategy.
- Support initiatives that are strategic to the department and broader organisational.
Skills & Experience:
- Life Sciences experience is a must
- 3 – 6 years' experience working in a scientific discipline preparing and presenting information analysis
- Proficient in information science/data science principles
- Experience working within therapeutic project teams
- Experience with commercial tools or platforms like SpotFire/Tableau/Pipeline Pilot, and research techniques etc
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Expertise in business and information analysis
- Ability to create complex data queries
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret large data sets and communicate insights
- A knowledge of machine learning approaches desirable
- Able to communicate effectively
- Ability to travel regularly by car to the client site in the greater Boston area