Our client, a new "Netflix" subscription-style startup, backed by a global STM publisher, requires a new Vice President of Content & Supply who will negotiate with conference organisers, secure agreements and build the content supply team.
The new role is a key to the success of the business and will lead the content supply within the organisation and ultimately be responsible for implementing the content supply plan and thereby maximising the number of conferences that are included on the platform.
- You will negotiate with conference organisers, finalise agreements and grow the network of internal supply managers.
- You will expand the growing portfolio of conference content and will focus on researching, identifying, evaluating, targeting new conference providers, initially in the physical and engineering sector, then more widely across STEM.
- You will be responsible for managing the performance, quality and timeliness of the acquisition of the conference content onto the platform.
- You will establish a positive presence in the scientific community.
- You will deliver high standards of relationship management between the company and its conference clients, subscribers and other clients.
- You will work to develop a team of Supply Managers and lead the team to meet the company's objectives across content supply initiatives.
This is one of the first roles within the new company and requires someone that is ambitious, driven, with entrepreneurial flair. You will be rewarded with equity and the chance to develop a new enhanced source of streamed scientific information.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to the degree level
- Extensive experience in academic conferences industry
- Significant leadership experience and expertise
- Excellent highly level network among societies and institutes
- A proven track record of managing, developing and motivating teams
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to seek out opportunities for growth
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong Financial and business skills
- First class interpersonal, presentation and stakeholder engagement skills
- The ability to think creatively, solve complex problems, make sound business decisions and direct and drive change initiatives