Our client, a leading B2B publisher requires a new International Business Development Manager based out of their New York office.
The International Business Development Manager will be responsible for leading the development of new business within the corporate sector which includes but isn’t restricted to energy, technology, media. This is a strategic sales role and the jobholder will be responsible for large deals that span the UK and US territory.
The jobholder should be able to map out the various departments teams verticals of large organisations. The BDM will partner with a colleague in the UK and both Managers will lead business development across the UK and US territories. This role will also define and oversee the development of an annual sales plan which identifies how the overall target will be achieved. This will include overseeing the identification of key prospects and gaps that need to be capitalised upon.
The International Business Development Manager will need to be experienced in creating and implementing sales strategies that drive business within their specified sectors. The role requires expertise and the dedication to manage the complete sales cycle from prospecting through to closure. The confidence to present the company's value proposition, and to use their existing contacts to grow our footprint in the US.
This is an office-based role.
Skills & Experience:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the corporate information markets • Experience of global collaboration and co-creation of business development plans
- Track record in developing new business, within the related sectors, and of meeting or exceeding revenue targets
- Experience in solution-based sales
- Experience in selling to senior management.
- Experience of developing and implementing end to end sales plans.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to speak with confidence about the value proposition.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team to succeed.
- High level of initiative, motivation and ability to network both internally and externally to identify opportunities.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well-developed influencing skills to gain commitment from clients and internal colleagues