Our client, a rapidly growing business that provides communication services for academics and researches, requires a new Sales Manager.
You will be responsible for sales of there new communications management service for research groups, which provides tools and insights to help departments, schools, units of assessment and research groups use their resources and budgets most efficiently as they pursue accelerated research engagement and impact. You will work closely with the Sales Director and team to build opportunities, and be responsible for developing and closing those opportunities to meet annual sales targets.
The role is based in the main Oxford office, though some remote working will be considered for the right candidate.
You will have proven experience of developing new business, ideally for a research-oriented service. You will be organized, driven, productive and can-do. You’ll be genuinely interested in keeping pace with new developments in scholarly communication and research assessment, and enthusiastic about connecting with researchers and the research management community. You will be a people person, focused on developing strong and honest relationships, a confident yet empathetic communicator (for example, comfortable with rigorous phone follow up, while sensitive to others’ communications preferences). You will be self-motivated and results-oriented.
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years’ business development experience, preferably in a research / scholarly information or services organization
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization
- Ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach)
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of new media, metrics and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.