Our client, a leading STM publisher, requires a new Senior Account Manager who will be responsible for account development with the objective of maximizing revenue, product uptake, usage, and customer satisfaction with key accounts in France.
The Senior Account Manager is closely aligned with a regional sales team ensuring that the optimal approach to the customer is achieved. Additionally, the Senior Account Manager is seen as a trusted advisor by both the customer and the sales team and has an industry wide reputation as an expert in the field.
- Sustain rapport with high revenue, key accounts by making regular visits; exploring specific needs; developing new opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers further to ensure loyalty and increase share of wallet.
- Determine and analyze needs of key customers; partner internally and externally to deploy marketing actions to meet these needs.
- Monitor and drive customer usage and satisfaction.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the other members of the Account Development team and work with them to enhance and further their knowledge and skills.
- Develop and conduct customer focused training programs.
- Develop new tactics and ways of analysis to best address the various issues faced by customers.
- Enhance objection handling information based on knowledge gained. Instigate and prepare up-selling opportunities using web analytics tools, market research and customer relationship marketing tactics.
- Align strongly with the sales group to create added value and build the ongoing relationship with the account and ensure follow up on customer needs.
- Develop image as a trusted advisor to customers and sales, and work towards being seen as an industry expert within the STM community and display this by speaking as part of the program of important industry events.
- Launch new eProducts (e.g. e-Book archive) successfully with your key accounts to create early adaptors.
- Work with customers across all markets Academic, Government and Corporate.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimal 7 years’ experience in account development or related marketing/sales experience.
- Multi-cultural awareness.
- Excellent spoken and written knowledge of French and English.
- Must possess previous Account Development experience within STM industry.
- Product and/or Library marketing experience required.
- Experience working with sales organizations required.
- Candidates should demonstrate excellent leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, communication skills and a desire to work in a high-energy, goal-oriented environment.
- The position requires the ability to work independently, manage multiple assignments simultaneously, anticipate required activities/tasks, and work according to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proven to define and lead projects, experience in developing long-term product strategies & roadmaps.
- Strong communication / negotiation skills Financially aware and analytical Ability to partner with different levels and units throughout the organization
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, approximately 45-50%.