Our client, a leading provider of information-technology solutions for libraries and information centres, specialising in corporate, bio-medical, government and special libraries, is looking for a new Technical Support Analyst.
The role will be based at their Philadelphia office.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer specific technical issues; respond to tier 1 + 2 open cases and become their owner until resolution (all work is documented in a ticketing system)
- Escalate complex issues to tier 3 internally and externally
- Provide proactive support and open communication with customers
- Communicate important issues and information to manager and team in order to improve performance
- Support pre / post sales processes and contact external related content and technology providers
- Provide training/demos, Web-meetings, write technical explanations and tutorials
Skill & Requirements:
- Knowledge and familiarity with the library and information sciences industry.
- Experience with library systems, software, authentication – an advantage – Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience using and troubleshooting web-related technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS, SQL queries, Proxy, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ related customer service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Organized and details oriented