Our client, a leading global provider of editorial services and software requires a new Vice President Sales (STM) covering the European and US markets.
- Identify and initiate relevant senior-level introduction/s (Publishing Director / VP-Publishing / Managing Director) across STM publishers based in Europe and US region.
- Successfully position and communicate the company's unique capabilities to prospects STM Publishers (Europe & US), Universities, Hospitals & Medical Research Centers (primarily France, Germany and Italy).
- Work closely with staff, Senior Leadership, Channel Partners to identify potential opportunities across Universities, Hospitals & Medical Research Centers across Europe region (primarily France, Germany and Italy) and accordingly develop / ideate effective conversion strategies.
- Provide relevant guidance / mentoring to Sales support staff for any high value B2B/B2C prospects.
- Expert publishing speaker on behalf of their knowledge platform, conducting specific topic/s seminar at publishing events, University campus / online webinar across Europe (primarily France, Germany and Italy) and US region.
- Senior leadership SPOC for existing publisher (STM) B2B accounts and represent the company across all major STM publishing events across Europe and US region.
- Build and develop new collaborations / partnerships with STM publishers / societies across Europe and US region.
- Share insights as Europe & US STM publishing expert on any latest trends / warning signal which can improve / impact our overall business to other regional offices SPOC (if relevant).
- Primary stakeholder in our Europe & US growth strategy.
Skills & Experience:
- 12+ years in publishing/information industry with proven account management and new business track record
- Results-driven self-starter with proven record generating leads
- Technical fluency with data services
- Ability to, when necessary, lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making process, and overcome objections
- Ability to align key stakeholders toward a common goal, drive results, and facilitate change
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and timeliness in decision making
- Self-confident, highly personable, reliable and well-organized with excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and persuasion skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Skype, and other Microsoft office products, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working on or leading virtual teams
- Experience building relationships with clients headquartered in and outside of the US
- Performs at a high level independently or with little direction