Morgan Healey Exclusive
Salary: Excellent + Bonus
Our client, a global STM Publisher, requires a new Market & Business Development Manager for Japan. You will be responsible for revenue growth in the corporate and governmental markets, while maintaining business in the academic market.
You will act as the main commercial representative for the business at industry related events, and actively grows their footprint in the market. Close collaboration with colleagues in Japan and the wider business is essential. Equally important is building up and cultivating high-level relationships with senior decision makers and networking with these decision makers and influencers. This will require substantial travel.
- Meet or exceed annual revenue targets.
- Initiate and support business development initiatives in all markets – Corporate, Governmental & Academic
- Develop and execute an annual sales strategy plan.
- Explore new business opportunities for future growth.
- Initiate, support, and participate at local sales and marketing activities such as email campaigns, sponsorships, roadshows, customer events, exhibits, etc.
- Independently identify, communicate and work through customer problems, issues, and opportunities.
- Prepare reports as required by management including sales forecasts, sales pipelines, market overviews etc.
- Utilise Salesforce to document prospect interaction, ensuring efficient sales pipeline and lead management.
Skills & Experience:
- A degree in hard sciences, or an MBA is an advantage.
- 10+ years relevant sales experience in publishing and/or hard sciences is required.
- Experience in selling databases and/or intellectual property are preferred.
- Evidence of individual sales accomplishments required.
- Strong presentation, planning, and analytical skills are required.
- We look for independent professionals with a high level of self-motivation, ownership taking, and pro-activeness.
- Fluency of English in spoken and written form.
- Extensive travel is required including both domestically and internationally.