Our client, a leading academic publisher, requires a new Online Project Manager, Peer Review. You will work in the UK Online Peer Review team and ensure that the group meets targets for new site builds, supports live journals in an effective and efficient manner, and migrates journals online peer review systems as required.
- To proactively and collaboratively work across the business to improve efficiencies and effectiveness within our online peer review systems.
- Roll out ScholarOne Manuscripts™ and other online peer review platforms to an agreed budgeted number of journals annually, and support journals platforms as and when queries arise.
- Assess, develop, communicate and implement new features through subsequent online peer review system version releases as appropriate.
- Manage Editorial Assistants and Assistant Editors within the UK Online Peer Review team, set objectives and regularly review performance to ensure the team handle an appropriate quantity and produce appropriate quality of work.
- Assist with definition of priorities and objectives for the UK division of the Online Peer Review team and develop metrics to measure and report on progress, success and benefits.
- Explore external product development and partnerships, if and as needed. Contribute to due diligence and transition activities for journal acquisitions
- Support department-wide initiatives and projects, as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience within a journals publishing role, with an understanding of the changes and challenges facing academic publishing.
- Prior line-management or supervisory experience.
- Excellent project management administration skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed understanding of online journal peer review and submission systems, with direct experience of working with ScholarOne Manuscripts.
- Reasonable level of IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience of training internal and external staff.