Morgan Healey Retained Assignment
AIP Publishing is a wholly owned not-for-profit subsidiary of the American Institute of Physics (AIP). AIP Publishing’s mission is to support the charitable, scientific and educational purposes of AIP through scholarly publishing activities in the fields of the physical and related sciences on its own behalf and on behalf of its publishing partners to help them proactively advance their missions.
AIP Publishing seeks an experienced and dynamic new Chief Executive Officer. The position is based in Melville New York. Relocation assistance is available. The AIP Publishing portfolio consists of 30 leading peer-reviewed journals covering a broad spectrum of the physical sciences, including titles from several publishing partners; in addition, an e-books program has recently been launched. AIP Publishing serves a global audience of authors, editors, reviewers, readers and library customers. With over 30,000 annual article submissions and almost 4000 library customers, AIP Publishing is a primary source of revenue for AIP.
- Support and enhance the mission of the parent organisation, AIP, by being a leading publisher in the physical sciences;
- Develop and deliver AIP Publishing’s short and long-term strategy;
- Ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the company and deliver revenue and surplus targets;
- Introduce new products and services to diversify current streams of revenue in response to market trends and customer needs;
- Lead the organisation in addressing current market challenges and opportunities including:
- sustain the current business model
- grow Open Access
- foster the Strategic Partnerships recently concluded with society partners
- increase the number of publishing partners
- grow the e-books program
- Develop and maintain a positive strategic orientation with the Board of Managers
- Monitor trends in adjacent markets and position the organisation to take advantage of these trends
- Seek to enhance and protect AIP Publishing’s image, reputation, and assets.
- Recruit, develop, inspire, and motivate a talented team of publishing professionals to enable AIP Publishing to thrive in a competitive global market for scientific information products and services
The CEO is a voting member of the AIP Publishing Board of Managers and is responsible for the overall operation and day-to-day management of AIP Publishing, LLC.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- University or college degree in physics or a related science is required
- Advanced graduate degree and/or MBA is strongly preferred
- 15+ years of relevant experience, with at least 10 years of management experience in roles with direct accountability for both financial and operational performance of multiple units within a global, digital, publishing environment
- Demonstrable senior leadership experience and a track record of success
- Clarity of vision and sound professional judgment
- Industry credibility that proves influential with outside stakeholders including the societies, agencies, etc., with which AIP Publishing needs to collaborate, coordinate, and partner.
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th of November. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org