Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a global STM Publisher, requires a new Insight Manager who will lead the Insights Team (6 People) in delivering high-quality Business, Customer and Market Intelligence via reports, dashboards and self-service data sets, with accompanying analysis.
The Insights Manager will use BI as a tool to deliver against organisational goals, supporting the move towards a more data-driven organisation. They will own the exploitation and analysis of sales, circulation, customer, market, usage and bibliometrics data. Helping embed product performance metrics and customer engagement analytics in our major processes throughout the business.
- Lead the Insights team that collates, analyses and presents internal data (publishing, sales, financial, usage) and external data (market, customers, competitive) to enable the business to make informed decisions on strategic direction, sales strategies, new product development / R&D, pricing, marketing and routes to market.
- Lead the development of the business insights strategy and collaborate with the Head of Data, Head of Sales Operations and other key stakeholders of the business to implement that strategy and to embed analytics/KPIs in our major business processes.
- Together with the Head of Data, build a culture that values analytical decision-making and continually review our business assumptions, KPIs, data sources and analytical models to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Work with the product and marketing teams to build a market research capability within the business that includes site analytics, data mining, customer surveys, user profiling, usability testing and competitor analysis.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level
- Advanced knowledge and experience of data analytics and research methodologies/techniques, and relevant emerging technologies
- Expertise in business models and bibliometrics
- Track record of success in building a high-performing team of analysts
- Organised and pro-active, determined to add value and able to balance competing demands on time and respond positively in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Strong collaboration skills, and a heightened sense of emotional intelligence and diplomacy
- First class verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Skilled at collaborative working
- Avid about continuous improvement
- Tenacity and drive for results