Our client, a global books business, requires a new Business Development Manager covering Europe, based in London.
You will drive the strategies for growth and customer acquisition, customer retention, content acquisition and revenue in the UK and EU.
- Identifies and nurtures business opportunities in existing and new markets in the UK & EU that support growth targets.
- Works with the leadership team to define the strategy for new business efforts and that will drive customer, content and revenue growth.
- Uses sales and other data to formulate a thorough understanding of the business, revenue drivers and opportunities.
- Develops marketing strategies and campaigns to target and retain clients and organizations serving authors in the UK and EU
- Develops the competitive landscape of providers serving the independent author and publisher segments in ROW
- Works with management and team leaders to prepare and deliver complex presentations, proposals, quotes and contracts. Negotiates contract terms with prospective clients.
- Coordinates closely with Marketing, directing the development of materials needed to support sales activities, training activities, trade show participation and other events that drive revenue. Responsible for creating UK and EU specific customer messages related to price increases or changes to terms of service.
- Works with management, IT, and product leadership to develop and deliver solution-based proposals, new features.
- Acts as an account manager for critical new lines of business, maintaining general oversight of projects, including schedule, budget, and creative parameters.
- Works with Developers and Designers to ensure their efforts align with strategic and revenue goals.
- Performs annual evaluations of business development efforts.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years experience in Books publishing, with emphasis on technology for content delivery
- Oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and business analysis.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize traditional and digital marketing skills, and measuring ROI on marketing campaigns.
- Financial analysis skills
- Ability to develop viable budgets for projects
- Problems solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and project milestones
- Personal computing skills to include Macintosh and PC platforms
- Knowledge of branding and marketing principles
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain full time work schedule during normal company