Our client, a leading scientific and research business, requires a new Account Manager to cover Germany, (DACH Region).
This role can be located in London, Germany Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, or Netherlands but you must be a native German speaker.
We are looking for a consultative sales professional, with a good balance of account management and new business skills. The post holder will be responsible for managing a defined ‘book of business’ in the DACH Region. This will involve building strong relationships with customers in order to both retain and upsell the product portfolio.
There will be a focus on net new business and this could include selling to new prospects in the region, as well as existing customers. The customer mix is typically a blend of research-intensive universities, government research institutes and research funders.
You will ideally have an understanding of this scientific and academic research ‘ecosystem’. The Country Account Manager will have a comprehensive understanding of any federal or state-level research agenda in order to drive and develop a productive sales strategy in their region. A requirement is to be competent with solution selling principles and practices and demonstrate a high level of professionalism to both clients and work colleagues. Previous experience of managing consortia relationships is a plus.
Candidates will have a proven ability to develop new business and revenue streams within their territory and will have further developed existing accounts for new business opportunities in new buying centres.
Sills & Experience:
- Degree required
- Prior academic or SaaS sector experience preferred
- Fluent in English & German
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a consultative selling environment. Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers.
- A customer-driven approach and good customer management skills.
- Commercial acumen, with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers
- Excellent written verbal, interpersonal, presentation and training skills.
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face customer skills.
- The ability to deal with a wide range of customers and adapt value prop accordingly
- A good team player/self- starter with the ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner.
- Well organized and disciplined with regards to policy, procedure, and standards.
- To demonstrate individual drive and determination to succeed
- Effective decision-making skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible to change
- Experience of working under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to identify problems and apply creative solutions.
- Able to Travel