Our client, a leading scientific publisher and information provider, requires a new Account Director Publisher & Associations, based in the UK or on the East Coast USA.
Reporting to the Global Sales Director, the role of the Account Director is to manage and grow the Publisher & Associations Sales business in the assigned territory. This position is responsible for the development and execution of new business and retention strategies in conjunction with the Global Sales Director for the customer segment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing the sales strategy, building relationships, both internally and externally, to ensure the business meets and exceeds its targets, is critical to success. The strategy should result in accelerated sales growth through new customer acquisition and maintaining strategic relationships with the current client base to build long-term customer loyalty and upsell opportunity. This is a great role for an entrepreneurial sales professional to capitalize on a strong brand and product base.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record selling services, technology and information solutions to publishers and societies
- Proven ability to work well in a globally-matrixed environment, collaborate across multiple stakeholder groups and influence all levels within an organization in order to drive results
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers with a customer driven approach and good customer management skills
- Commercial acumen, with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers
- Ability to foresee, interpret and rapidly respond to market changes by adjusting strategies and realigning priorities accordingly
- Has demonstrated ability to deal with the ambiguity and fluidity that comes with a business that is in transformation
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation, management and training skills
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple departments and influence at all levels, from end-users to C-Suite