Our client, a leading professional publisher based in London, requires a new Head of Content Development.
You will focus on driving delivery excellence across the Content Development team and tracked adherence to the editorial guidelines. This will be achieved by ensuring project management best practice, drafting and editorial expertise, strong stakeholder management and collaboration are core competencies of the team to successfully support the consensus-based standardisation development processes
- Develop and manage a successful editorial project management and programme management centre of excellence
- Create a high performing, empowered, lean culture within the Content Development team.
- Build a team environment which encourages open feedback during the project / programme delivery process and drives informative and right-focused communication to internal and external stakeholders throughout.
- End responsible for the high quality and timely delivery of the programmes and projects managed by the team. Working with the Content Development Delivery Managers, provide operational guidance and support, with a focused and structured approach to embedding the editorial governance policies and the standardisation process throughout the project lifecycle.
- Partnering with the Services commercial team, report monthly the project revenue milestones achieved in-month and forecast the adherence to the planned project timeline and budget in a timely manner.
- Build a scalable resource model that accommodates the peak and trough of the project-based workload, collaborate with the Content Delivery team to utilise copy editing and XML skills to build a robust response when required. Encourage flexibility to pilot and deliver more innovative standardisation outputs through the funded programmes.
- Develop an induction process for new starters that allows them to get up-to-speed rapidly
- Work collaboratively across the Content Solutions dept to identify efficiency and automation opportunities within workflows. Leverage the digital publishing capabilities of the Content Model XML-publishing platform to structure the standards documents to support the drafting process.
- Create KPIs that drive successful project and programme delivery, represent data in a meaningful way and communicate to all stakeholders and to the Services Delivery Steering Group.
- P/L responsibility for cost centre and manage optimally to achieve team objectives
Skills & Experience:
- Solid experience of running an editorial function in a digital publishing environment
- Familiar with online content tools
- Experienced in programme or project management delivery
- Experienced leading and managing a mid-sized team (20 people) Experienced managing and embedding change within teams
- Has been responsible for team P/L
- Has been responsible for delivering financial reporting around project budget and forecasting timelines and project spend
- Has experience of operating with matrix reporting structures
- Experienced mentor and/or coach