Our client, a leading Medical Education agency is looking to recruit a new Editorial Lead.
The position is an exciting and varied role involving both creativity and strong editorial experience to provide innovative solutions for global clients.
In conjunction with internal teams you will be responsible for the development of appealing proposals alongside delivery of high-quality, engaging content.
The Editorial Director will be the main editorial/scientific point of contact for all parties and will foster and maintain relationships with therapy area experts, professional societies, 3rd-party vendors, freelancers and internal stakeholders to ensure seamless delivery.
- Manage all editorial aspects of scientific content delivery to clients meeting the agreed brief, internal quality standards and set timelines
- Alongside the Project Management and global Sales teams take clear and agreed briefs from clients including content, formats, deadlines, authors and stakeholders
- Maintain and grow a database of trusted freelancers to contract for the work
- Provide clear briefs to freelancers, review draft content according to client needs, internal quality standards and agreed specifications, budgets and timeframes
- Monitor quality, style and accuracy of reviewed content and provide timely, consistent and constructive feedback
- Act as Lead Writer (if required) on accounts
- Be the main point of contact on matters of scientific content for clients, Experts and internal stakeholders
- Participate fully in briefing and brainstorming sessions
- Provide scientific expertise in the development of new business pitches and proposals
- Attend client meetings and pitches as the scientific representative
- Line management responsibilities Members of the Editorial team (when required)
- Travel requirements International and national travel as requested
- A biomedical degree (or extensive equivalent experience)
- Strong writing experience in a communications agency, pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare industries
- Comprehensive reviewing experience
- Management of freelancers including briefing and communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills
- Proactive, resourceful and a good team player
- Ability to create good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of providing editorial hours for a variety of products and services
- A higher degree in a biomedical discipline